Candy Cane Hearts

If you look around when you're out shopping, you'll notice how quickly Christmas turned into Valentine's Day. Here's a fun and edible craft turning your old holiday candy canes and Christmas sprinkles into new hearts for your Valentine.

Total Time: 1 hour

1. Preheat oven to 250F (I used my toaster oven) and line a baking sheet with foil. Place mini candy canes in pairs, facing each other, making hearts.
  2. Bake the candy canes in the oven for about 4 minutes. They should be soft enough that you can pinch the canes together to fuse the hearts together, not melted. If they harden up before you fuse them, just pop them back into the oven for a bit until you can work with them again.
  3. Heat up your candy melts with a double boiler or in the microwave at 30 second increments until smooth.
  4. Use a spoon to scoop little blobs of the melts into the centers of the hearts.
  5. Use a chopstick to push the melts to the corners of the hearts, sealing the middles completely.
  6. Separate your Christmas sprinkles so you only have red and white. (Keep the greens for St. Patrick's Day crafts!)
  7. Decorate the tops of the melts with the red and white sprinkles while it's still soft.
  8. Move the tray of hearts into the fridge for at least 20 minutes to harden up.
  9. The hearts will easily lift off the foil. Enjoy!

We made these and they were a big hit. We used a lollipop stick and made "suckers" out of them.

Fantastic!!! Happy soon to be Valentine's Day! ;)

Too cute! Love it!

Thank you, Benetta!!!!

Its a smart recycle, I love it,!

Thank you!!! I'm so happy to recycle ;)

So neat! I have always wanted to try these!

And yours looks better than others I have seen online. Thanks for sharing!

Oh, you are so welcome! Thank you for the compliment! :)

I love mint and I love white chocolate...Great idea but i fear if I made them Id end up eating more (all) than I gave out...perhaps someone will make me some :)

Forward this recipe to all your kind friends and cross those fingers! ;) Hugs! Happy Valentine's month!