GiftsCrafts

Candy Flower Bouquet

contest winner icon
I made this candy flower bouquet for my friend featuring her favorite dark chocolate peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's. This is perfect to gift for any occasion like Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, a birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, just because, and so forth. It makes a thoughtful gift made with love.

Essentially all the items I needed to make this were items I already had. The only item I needed to purchase was the candy which was only $1.

Total Time: 1 hour

1. Select construction paper of your choice to make the flowers. I used pink paper and cut into strips horizontally measuring 1.5" high.
  2. Using a strip of paper, measure your candy's circumference and cut the correct size. Then, prep the inside of the flower by cut slits and leaving 1 cm.
  3. With the scrap paper, cut a rectangle shape to make a support for the candy to be more secure. Secure with tape so the candy can stay in place.
  4. Now select tissue paper of your choice (I used a mixture of two colors that I had left over). Cut a square shape and fold in half, half again, and fold on the diagonal like a triangle. Then cut your petal of choice. I chose to cut my petal using this method instead of one full flower pedal because this method gives you more dimension for your flower.
  5. Secure your petals with tape as well as your candy.
  6. Ad

7. Use a stem of your choice (or chopsticks, straws, etc.). I used bamboo skewers. I taped the back of the flower to the skewers.
  8. Time to assemble your bouquet. I folded a cone shape with pink paper and stuffed it with tissue paper that I received from a Victoria's Secret store purchase. Then, I assembled my flower bouquet and taped it down so everything is secure. Ready to gift afterwards or add a bow, card.