Canning Soy Milk

Category Beverages
Making your own soy milk can be pretty easy, however if you want to store it for long periods you may need to can it. Canning soy milk can be a good way to preserve it for later use.

Does anyone know how to can homemade soy milk? I regularly make my own and keep it in the fridge, but it would be convenient if I could can some to use in an emergency, or if I simply forget to soak soy beans. Can anyone help me? Thank You.

Susan from AR

Answers

By rjb (Guest Post)
Best Answer

In addition to attempting to can the soy beans, for later conversion to soy milk, you might also try using beer bottles, and capping them off. It seems the bottles can be boiled and sanitized. However, I do not know if this method would work. Its worth a try, if you are able to get the capping materials at a nearby store. My guess is, this method would be similar to the method of hermetically sealing the "milk" in boxes.

By (Guest Post)

Have you tried freezng it? I freeze regular milk with good results.

By anonymous (Guest Post)

Have you tried canning the soybeans so that they can later be converted to soymilk?