VegetablesCanning

Canning Vegetables from the Store

Do any of you can cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. from the grocery store and do you enjoy it? Is it really time consuming? I am about to buy a canner from amazon.com and I want to know what you guys think who do the canning before I start doing it. Blessings.

By Robyn from TN

We do it all the time, it's a great way to save money if the price is right on the produce and the produce has a good taste.

The only drawback is that you need to watch where that produce came from-commercially grown produce usually travels a long way after a growing process geared primarily towards shipping NOT tasting as though it was just harvested from your neighbour's sun drenched garden.

We try to shop the green grocer, the farmer's markets, and the 'locally grown' section of the grocery chains here in the UK. When I was living in the US I did the same thing. The taste matched the savings-superb:)