Can't Wind Bobbin on Kenmore Ultra Stitch 10

I have a Kenmore Ultra Stitch 10 and I am unable to release the clutch to wind a bobbin. There is no problem with the hand wheel, but I am unable to turn the clutch toward me. Does anyone know why this could be happening?

I think you could try first to read the oiling the machine paragraph of the user manual and once you have oiled the machine you could ask someone else to try to hold the hand wheel while turning the clutch because maybe you do not put enough strength being afraid to brake something but it does require quite a lot.

Anonymous

Thanks so much, Catherine! I'm going to give it a try tonight. I was afraid that I would break it so it's good to know that it requires a lot of strength.

Anonymous

i have oiled mine and tried someone else holding but it will not move.... the machine has not been used for several years....

I am loving this machine the more I use it.... but would love to know why this isn't moving...

Hi - just wondering if you were able to fix it - mine won't loosen/disengage either and I would love to fix it to wind bookings! Thanks Theresa

Home and Garden Repair Machines Sewing MachinesFebruary 17, 2016
🍀
💘