Caramel Apple Bread Pudding Cups

I love the flavour of caramel apples but they can be a bit tough on the teeth. I thought it would be fun to bring their flavours to something soft and comforting like bread pudding. I baked them inside of muffin tins for presentation and portion control reasons. They're so delicious, they are making it to the tables of all my holiday feasts this year! I hope you try these.

I used super stale French loaf bread slices for this. If you only have fresh bread handy, give it a slight toasting before mixing it in with the egg mixture. This will give it a lovely texture and banish all sogginess. I also used Kraft caramel squares for this. Alternatively, you can just drizzle caramel sauce on before serving, but using the soft chews for the last portion of baking really matches the textures of a caramel apple! :)

Prep Time: 15 minutes

Cook Time: 45 minutes

Total Time: 1 hour

Yield: 12 servings

1. Preheat oven to 350 F. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 eggs and add the milk.
  2. Mix in the sugars, cinnamon, and vanilla.
  3. Cut the pieces of bread into cubes. The bigger the cubes, the more texture you will have when they're baked.
  4. Fold the bread cubes into the egg mixture. Make sure they're all saturated. Set aside to soak.
  5. In a large pan, melt the tablespoon of butter over medium-low heat.
  6. Add the apples and cook, stirring often, until a bit browned.
  7. Fold apples into bread mixture.
  8. Grease muffin tins and fill with bread pudding mixture. Bake in preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
  9. While they are baking, cut each soft caramel into 4 little cubes.
  10. Remove bread pudding cups from oven, leaving the heat on. Place 4 little caramel cubes on top of each bread pudding cup.
  11. Return to oven and allow to bake at least another 10 minutes, until caramels are fully melted.
  12. Allow to cool, then slide a knife around the edges of the cups and lift out.
  13. You can serve them warm with cream. I like them as is, cooled down with the caramel parts chewy again. It's just like a caramel apple!

Food and Recipes Recipes Baking & Desserts Desserts PuddingNovember 28, 2019
🎄
🎉

PuddingDesserts