This is a fast and easy recipe, that looks fancy. It makes for an elegant meal to share as a date night in (if you both don't mind a lot of garlic). The red pepper flake gives it a nice kick. The recipe calls for pancetta, but you can just as easily use chopped bacon.
Total Time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6-8 hearty servings
Source: Rachel Ray 30 Minute Meals
- 1 lb Rigatoni pasta
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 lb pancetta, chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 5-6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 large egg yolks
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese
- fresh flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Boil water. Add a pinch of salt and Rigatoni pasta. Cook to al Dente (approximately 8 minutes).
- Meanwhile, heat skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil and chopped pancetta. Brown pancetta for 2 minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes and garlic; cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add wine and stir up pan drippings.
- Beat egg yolks, then slowly add 1 large ladleful of the pasta cooking water to temper the yolk and keep it from scrambling.
- Drain pasta well and add it directly to the skillet with pancetta, garlic, and oil. Pour the egg mixture over the pasta. Toss rapidly to coat the pasta without cooking the egg.
- Toss pasta 1-2 minutes more until it soaks up the egg mixture.
- Remove pan from heat and add a big handful of cheese, lots of pepper, and a little salt. Stir
- Garnish with parsley and extra cheese. Serve with a brightly colored vegetable and I recommend sharing the rest of the wine.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!