Caring for a Dog With Parvo

I have a GSD; he is 2 and a half months old. He has been infected with parvo for the last 6 days. He was given IV fluids by the vet, but still he has nausea and vomiting. He has no sign of an appetite. What is the problem with my dog?

What can I do?

Best Answer

Parvo takes time to recover from. Tell your vet about the vomiting and not eating. You should force small amounts of water down your dog's throat.

Your dog should start showing signs of improvement within a couple of days of the treatment, the vet may have to change the treatment.

Parvo can last a few weeks. Do advise your vet what is happening. Your dog may need additional treatment

Call the vet, ice chips, lots of attention and love. I took my dog three times for that to boil chicken and rice meals

Has it be by others at all. Mine got it by the neighborhood pets came by it and kissed her nose and breathe out and passed it to my dog. Current on shots. I give my own shots to my dogs. Wash stuff with bleach and put outside in the area.