Caring for a Puppy with Parvo

My Caucasian Shepherd puppy has had parvo for 10 days now. It's really skinny and depressed, it is also very weak. It started drinking a little water yesterday, but it throws it all up. How do I get it out of this, how many syringes of baby food and water should I give at once and how frequent should I give it?

Normally a dog with parvo needs to be seen by the vet for prescription antibiotics and antinausea meds and iv fluids. Food is usuallly not given until after they are doing better, as it can contribute to the nausea. Their nutrition is in the iv, which they also need to counter act the dehydration.

Vomiting and diarrhea can dehydrate a dog or cat very quickly. You need to at least call the vet.

i hope your puppy has survived and is on the road to recovery but it is difficult to almost impossible for a puppy to survive Parvo with out medications from a vet.

Hopefully you did get medications and your pup is on the road to recovery but for others with a problem like this I would urge you to see a vet and then help your puppy to recover at home.

Here is a very good site that explains how to deal with a puppy that has Parvo:

pethelpful.com/.../How-to-Save-a-Puppy-with-Parvo-Virus