Caring for a Puppy with Parvo

Last Sunday my 10 week old puppy got sick. I took her to the vet and she was positive for parvo. Every day she got a little better, but then she would go down hill again. She started having blood in her poo. So she stayed at the vet.

The vet kept her for 6 days and I had to get her today because I could not afford her to stay in vet anymore. They told me that she had little to no blood in her poo. And she was not getting sick, but she still was not eating. She is drinking a little water by herself.

Idk if I'm just too worried about her, but she is breathing funny and has little leg strength in her back legs. I really don't know much about this and I don't want her to get worse. I already feel bad that I could not keep her at the vet's. Any advice would really help on what to do to help her. She has lost so much weight and looks like a walking skeleton. I am really worried for her.

Best Answer

I am sorry your puppy got sick. You should be seeing some small improvement after a week. Parvo is a tough disease and recovery can be slow. You might try feeding her bits of chicken and rice. If she doesnt vomit try a little more in a couple hours. Encourage her to drink more water. Do a search on this site, there are many questions and answers about parvo in puppies.

Recovery takes a while. If she is drinking and has no diarrhea or vomiting that is good.