Caring for an Avocado Tree After Transplanting

I bought a Hass avocado tree in a 15 gallon pot that already had tiny avocado fruits on it. I re-planted it in a larger container. A few days later, a majority of my tiny avocados fell off.

Should I pick off all those long stems that originally had the tiny fruits to promote new growth or do I leave them on the tree and they will eventually produce fruit?

I have no idea what to do. Can any expert answer this question?

Thanks in advance.

I think the transplant shocked it a little. Make sure you add mulch and water deeply.

I think my avocado plant is okay at this point, but I'm not sure if I should pick those long stems to promote growth.

Thanks everyone for your help.

That must have been a lot of fun!!
It seems avocado trees are more prone to shock than many other plants/trees but, hopefully, yours will recover. i believe it is recommended to not do anything but wait and see what happens. Of course that does not mean to stop watering it but NO fertilizer for a while.

Here are a couple of sites that have some good info about this as well as instructions on re-potting so you can see if you messed up somewhere and maybe how to correct it.

www.thoughtco.com/minimize-tree-transplant-shock-1343516

homeguides.sfgate.com/repot-avocado-plant-22091.html

I hope you have excellent luck with your avocado tree but I cannot find anything that states an answer to what is bothering you.
I love to read many sites where "experts" give advice as sometimes one makes things a little clearer than another. One of these experts stated this: Avoid pruning branches that have buds or flowers. Avocado trees do not benefit from heavy pruning.

Another site states to trim off dead parts after fruit dies. None seem to answer your question exactly.
This is a link to my favorite site as there are so many links connected here that you can find almost anything about a particular plant. Maybe somewhere in one of these articles you will be able to find an answer.

homeguides.sfgate.com/care-hass-avocado-trees-40307.html

homeguides.sfgate.com/cut-avocado-plant-branches-out-100661...

I still have not found the answer to my question and will look around further.
The websites mentioned are very useful.
Thank you for your time.
Twee