Avocados Don't Ripen on Tree

I have a great looking Hass avocado tree, about 6 years old. I get avocados, but they always stay green and hard and never get mature looking. Any ideas what can be wrong?

Yep. Avocados don't ripen on the tree. You have to pick the green mature fruit and then it will ripen in a few days.

When picked from the tree they just stay hard. How long should they be left on the tree before picking?

As someone has already said they dont ripen on the tree, when the friuts lose their shine, i.e. go dull looking, that apparently is the time to pick. Ripening time usually 7 to 10 days

The avacodos look really good. Take them off and let them sit for two to three weeks. They will be ripe then.

I have the same issue, as does a neighbor: I know that avocados ripen after picking. However, mine never seem to mature enough to be picked and THEN ripen off the tree.

They remain hard and rubbery, even with weeks of time in brown bags, etc. What am I and my neighbors doing wrong?

I have the same issue, as does a neighbor: I know that avocados ripen after picking. However, mine never seem to mature enough to be picked and THEN ripen off the tree. They remain hard and rubbery, even with weeks of time in brown bags, etc. What am I and my neighbors doing wrong?