Carrot Casserole Recipes
Vegetable casseroles can be served as a side dish or can even be hearty enough for the main course. This page contains carrot casserole recipes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is a great carrot dish. I like the crackers over the top!
Total Time: 65-70 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 3 cups shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- buttered cracker crumbs
- Boil carrots in salted water for 5 minutes.
- Make a cheese sauce by combining butter, flour, milk, and cheese in heavy saucepan. Cook over medium heat until smooth, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Spread chopped onion and green pepper on the bottom of a 2 qt. casserole dish.
- Add cooked carrots; stir in cheese sauce. Add cracker crumbs to the top.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees F.