Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
Gold Post Medal for All Time! 555 Posts
April 11, 2017
Read More Comments
Just in time for the Easter Bunny! This is a really yummy soup and not overpowering.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Mother Earth Living Magazine
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 10 large organic carrots
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- sea salt to taste
- Chop onion.
- Heat large pot over medium heat and add oil. When hot, add chopped onions and reduce to low. Cover and cook 20 minutes or until onions are lightly golden and tender. Stir in your pepper.
- Add carrots and broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and add ginger. Cover and cook until carrots are tender, about 25 minutes.
- Transfer mixture into a blender. Add orange juice (not pictured) and blend until smooth for about 2 minutes. Add salt to taste. Note: I always blend soups in smaller portions to avoid accidents!
- Return soup to pot if you'd like to warm it again slightly before serving. Store in glass container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Creamy yet healthy!
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Silver Post Medal for All Time! 361 Posts
March 8, 2007
Melt the butter in heavy Dutch oven or soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and ginger and cook, stirring often, until onions are translucent (4 to 5 minutes). Add carrots and vegetable stock.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.