Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Soup
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Read More Comments
This is a lightened version of a creamy broccoli cheese soup. Instead of using potatoes and roux made from flour and butter, I simply use cauliflower. You can have the same comforting soup with a fraction of the calories. If you'd like to make this vegetarian or even vegan, you can use veggie broth, almond milk, and cashew cheese. Yum!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups any type of broth
- 1/3 cup milk, half & half, or cream
- 1 to 2 cup shredded cheese
- Heat some oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook onions until softened, a few minutes.
- Stir in chopped cauliflower and broccoli.
- Add some salt and pepper. Stir in garlic powder. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, until edges are a bit browned.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until all veggies are soft.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer soup to a blender. Puree soup until super smooth.
- Stir in milk, half & half or cream.
- Add cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with extra cheese if desired.
Place water, bouillon cubes, frozen mixed veggies, and potatoes in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil for 15 minutes. Add cauliflower and broccoli. Bring to a boil; boil for 10 minutes.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.