Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Soup
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
June 12, 2020
Read More Comments
This is a lightened version of a creamy broccoli cheese soup. Instead of using potatoes and roux made from flour and butter, I simply use cauliflower. You can have the same comforting soup with a fraction of the calories. If you'd like to make this vegetarian or even vegan, you can use veggie broth, almond milk, and cashew cheese. Yum!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups chopped cauliflower
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 4 cups any type of broth
- 1/3 cup milk, half & half, or cream
- 1 to 2 cup shredded cheese
- Heat some oil in a pot over medium heat. Cook onions until softened, a few minutes.
- Stir in chopped cauliflower and broccoli.
- Add some salt and pepper. Stir in garlic powder. Cook for about 5-7 minutes, until edges are a bit browned.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for about 20 minutes, until all veggies are soft.
- Use an immersion blender or transfer soup to a blender. Puree soup until super smooth.
- Stir in milk, half & half or cream.
- Add cheese. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with extra cheese if desired.
2 More Solutions
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 5,887 Posts
January 26, 2011
Place water, bouillon cubes, frozen mixed veggies, and potatoes in large saucepan. Bring to a boil; boil for 15 minutes. Add cauliflower and broccoli. Bring to a boil; boil for 10 minutes.Read More...
I love cream soups. This combination was great. I used broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes and cheese! It was the best. I had never made it before. I just made it as I went along.
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.