Broccoli Cauliflower Cheese Soup

I love cream soups. This combination was great. I used broccoli, cauliflower, potatoes and cheese! It was the best. I had never made it before. I just made it as I went along.

• 1 1/2 sticks butter (3/4 cup)
  • 1/2 head of cauliflower, cut-up the stems, put those aside. Cut-up the flowerets and put those aside
  • 1 small head of broccoli, do the same as above with the broccoli
  • 1 large Idaho potato, chopped fine
  • 1 small sweet onion, minced
  • Stalk of celery, minced
  • 1 med. carrot minced
  • 1 clove of garlic minced
  • 1 14 oz. can chicken broth
  • 1 qt half and half
  • 1 8 oz. package shredded cheddar cheese
  • 1 1/2 cup water
  • Seasonings; to taste: start by using an 1/4 tsp of each then do a taste test. Salt, black pepper, dried basil, garlic powder, cilantro, (2 Tbsp. of sugar). I put a few dashes of hot sauce in at the end. It gives a great flavor and is not spicy!

You will notice that I use a mini chopper that minces everything.

1. Using a large soup pot, put butter in the bottom.
  2. Take cauliflower and broccoli, cut up all the stems of both, leaving just the flowerets. After chopping stem, put them in a small pan and boil until tender.
  3. Then add to the pan the rest of the cauliflower and broccoli, just to start steaming then.
  4. Meanwhile, cut up, onion, celery, garlic and carrot. Put it all in the chopper, and mince it.
  5. Turn the heat on the large pan with the butter. High until it starts sizzling, turn down to med- low. Add all the minced vegetables, stirring well.
  6. Add the can of chicken broth and 1 can of water. Add seasonings. Stir!
  7. Drain the broccoli and cauliflower, reserve some of the water. Pour all into the pot! Stirring well.
  8. Now add the half and half, keep heat low, it will stick easily. Do a taste test for salt or flavor! Adjust the seasonings if needed! Now add diced up potatoes. Let cook until soft.
  9. After simmering for about a 1/2 hour, use an emulsifier to blend everything together and smoothly.
  10. Now just add and stir in the shredded cheddar cheese, stir good and remove from the heat. This is ready to eat! This is a great soup on a cold day or night
  11. Enjoy!
Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
Food and Recipes Recipes Soups VegetableJanuary 7, 2021
💘
🍀
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Broccoli-Cauliflower-Cheese-Soup-1.html