Roasted Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Roasted cauliflower florets, cheese, and assorted spices blend to make this hearty soup. This page contains a roasted cauliflower soup recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
It's chilly outside, so stay warm with this yummy soup!
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 4 servings
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 Tbsp oilve oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp oilve oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cup aged white cheddar, shredded
- 1 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange florets on a cookie sheet and drizzle with oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast them for 20-30 minutes or until they begin to brown. Stir them a few times so that they cook evenly.
- In a stock pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions and saute until tender. Add garlic and thyme, cooking an additional minute. Stir to prevent burning.
- Add 1 cup of broth to deglaze the pan. Then add additional 2 cups of broth.
- Then add the cauliflower and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend soup to desired texture, using a blender or immersion blender.
- Return soup to pot (if necessary) and add cheese; stir to combine. DO NOT bring soup to a boil.
- Add milk, stirring to combine. Then add salt and pepper, to taste.
This recipe came from a magazine called Ohio Valley. The original did not call for chicken and only really had onion and cauliflower.
We added mushrooms, red pepper, and chicken, and we found it much improved.
It's chilly outside, so stay warm with this yummy soup! With this video you will learn how to make this creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup. View the full recipe here: Roasted Cauliflower Soup