Roasted Parmesan Cauliflower
This may become your favorite way to prepare cauliflower. This page contains a recipe for roasted Parmesan cauliflower.
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This recipe is easy to make and is a great low calorie snack!
Source: Bon Appetit
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place cauliflower florets onto a rimmed cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add onions and garlic.
- Place in oven and roast for 35-40 minutes, or until cauliflower and onions are soft and beginning to brown. Toss occasionally.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and return to oven until cheese is melted.
This is one of my favourite dishes for meatless nights in our house. When cut in very thick slices, cauliflower can be baked up to be a fantastic steak alternative. It's high in fiber, low in carbohydrates, and full of flavour!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 thick slices from a head of cauliflower
- oil for greasing
- sprinkle of salt
- 1 Tbsp yogurt
- 2 tsp mustard
- 2 tsp grated Parmesan
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp grated Parmesan for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 425F. I used my toaster oven. Lightly grease a baking sheet with oil, then sprinkle with a bit of salt. Lay cauliflower on top.
- In a bowl, mix together the yogurt, mustard, 2 teaspoons of Parmesan, parsley, and water.
- Slather the tops of the cauliflower with the mustard sauce, then sprinkle with a teaspoon of Parmesan.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes, until golden.