Roasted Garlic and Cauliflower Soup

Category Cream Of
This delicious creamy cauliflower soup has the extra bite of roasted garlic. This is a page about roasted garlic and cauliflower soup.

This simple creamy soup was suggested by my friend Danielle as a healthy option for dinner. I added the roasted garlic and I think it turned out wonderful. Next time, I may roast two heads of cauliflower as I didn't have nearly enough leftovers.

• 1 head garlic, peeled
  • 1 head cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
  • 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1-2 Tbsp Italian seasoning (or herbs of your choice)
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • 4 cups vegetable (or chicken) broth
  • apple cider vinegar, to taste
  • 2 Tbsp milk (skim, low fat or cream, as desired)

1. Add cauliflower and peeled garlic cloves into a large heavy pan (I used my Dutch oven). Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper and cover tightly with foil.
  2. Bake at 450 degrees F for about an hour. You should start to smell the roasting garlic and the cauliflower should be slightly browned and soft.
  3. Place pan on stovetop and add broth and Italian seasoning. Heat to boil then reduce to a simmer for at least 20 minutes.
  4. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup directly in the pan. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can add it to a regular blender in small batches or even just a potato masher. Reheat mixture, add cider vinegar and adjust seasonings, as needed.
  5. Just before serving, add in milk or more broth to make the soup the proper consistency. Serve with crackers or bread.
  6. Advertisement

I let my soup simmer for over an hour before I used the immersion blender, as I was busy doing other things. The flavors just seemed to continue developing. Once it is blended, it is much more likely to stick to the bottom of the pan so it should be removed from the heat and served pretty soon after blending.

Videos

Roasted garlic and cauliflower compliment each other so well. Check out this video and learn how to make Roasted Garlic and Cauliflower Soup and test out this delicious flavor combo yourself.

Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes
In These Pages
Food and Recipes Recipes Soups Cream OfDecember 3, 2016
🎃