Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Bronze Post Medal for All Time! 107 Posts
This recipe came from a magazine called Ohio Valley. The original did not call for chicken and only really had onion and cauliflower. We added mushrooms, red pepper, and chicken, and we found it much improved.
Total Time: 2+ hours
Yield: 8 cups or so
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 big onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 whole roast chicken, pulled apart
- 1/2 red pepper, cut up
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- spices to taste
- Cut up onion and mince garlic. Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Divide cauliflower into florets in a big bowl.
- Mix cauliflower, onion, garlic, and olive oil into a bowl. Put in a baking dish and put in the oven for 30 minutes or until roasted.
- Mince or pull chicken, and set aside.
- Once the vegetables are roasted, add to soup pot. Add the broth as well.
- Cut up the mushrooms and add to stew pot.
- Cut up red pepper. Saute' in a bit of oil, and add to stew pot.
- Add chicken and spices.
- Cook stew pot at 275F for at least 2 hours. Cook the last 1/2 hour at 325F. Alternately, if cooking on stove top, bring to boil and simmer for a 1/2 hour.
- Serve and enjoy :)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.