Cause of Poop Smell in My House

For a few days now, as soon as I walk in the front door it smells like poop really badly. It's mainly from the front door into the kitchen. When the house is cool, it doesn't smell as bad. Any suggestions on what it could be?

By M&M

We had a horrible intermittent smell in my sons bedroom that smelled like a dead animal for years. The only way to explain it for those that know is it smelled like butyric acid. We finally realized it only came in the morning for a short time and at night. Then we realized that it only came when the light in his fan was on.

I did some investigation and found that the odor was from the light socket in his fan and that when the light was on it would heat up and disseminate. I switched out the light socket for a new one and the smell never occurred again. Hope this is helpful.

We also had this problem but the odor was the strongest in our master bath. We had everything checked: Toilet was looked at by plummer, he recommended having septic tank pumped out(we are in the country), did that but smell still remained.

Well when all was said and done, it was a propane leak where the pipe came through the foundation of our house. Took us over a year to figure this out.