Changing the Display Size on Computer Screen

Everything on my computer screen is large, even the web pages I get on. How do I make it back to the smaller size?

By his.ladiee2k12

Best Answer

Sounds as if you have gotten the handicapped accessibility turned on. Go into Control Panel and look for the Handicapped icon and turn it off, then restart computer to see if that works. Hope this helps!

Best Answer

If you have a mouse, hold down the Ctrl key and use the scroll button up (larger) or down (smaller). I have eye sight problems and use this method constantly, depending on the page I have up. You'll love it!

Best Answer

This could also be a "resolution" issue. You can experiment with your display resolution to find the display that suits you best.

Right click on your desktop. On the menu that pops up select PROPERTIES.

I don't know what Operating System you are using but it is pretty much the same on all of them. There will be a number of tabs across the top of the properties window and the one you want is "SETTINGS".

On this screen there is an area with a slide labeled "SCREEN RESOLUTION". It will have a range from like 800 by 600 up to 1200 by 800. There should also be a little display window showing you how the change will look. It doesn't really give you a full idea of how the changes look. I would recommend you write down your current resolution and then change it and click APPLY, then OK and see how things change. If you like the changes keep it. If not change it again.

Using your mouse, press Ctrl plus scroll up for a larger view. For a smaller view, press Ctrl and scroll down.

Computers TipsNovember 16, 2012
📓
🎂
🌻