Check Out Large Print Editions

Often times when I read a book from the library, I have more reading than I have time to finish it. But, I have found a way to extend my time so that I can finish the book. All you have to do is look for the book of your choice in the big print section. and check it out. By checking the book out in the big print section, you get to keep the book for 6 weeks. Check this version out instead, this will give you more time to finish reading the book.

Might I mention that some people, myself included, depend entirely on these large print books. They are our only access to the printed word. Use of large print for personal gratification does not meet the criteria. I suggest keeping track of the page you left off so you can return to it by borrowing a second time. Please leave large print for those who need it.

I agree with Solus. This is a bad tip. Large print books are in the library for those who need them. I have used normal print books, as well as CDs & DVDs and can always renew them on line OR a phone call. As the kids say, 'your bad'!

I'm legally blind and have to use magnification devices to read books, newspapers and other printed materials even the computer has to be enlarged for me to be able to read it. Large print books are essential to the visually impaired.

I don't know where Zelma is checking her books out from, but none of the libraries around my area allow them to be out for a longer time than they do the regular print books.

One thing I did learn the hard way though. Don't lose or damage a large print book! The library will quadruple (or even higher) the cost of replacing the book.

Large print reading material is essential to the visually impaired. Also, cell phones are difficult to you for visually impaired people, I know that personally, I have to use voice text instead of the keyboard to post anything or write anything, I do not use text very often I use pictures or emojis, I also type in all caps but I still have difficulty seeing it without using a magnification device. When I use my computer, I normally type at the end of a post or a response, that I am legally blind and thank you for your kindness regarding typing in all capital letters