Cheesy Baked Ziti
It's my own version of baked ziti that Italian restaurants serve. If you make it at home, you can save a lot.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 250 mg Penne Regate Gourmet Pasta
- 200 mg 3 cheese tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 lb bacon strips, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small piece of onion, chopped
- 1/4 lb butter, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the water to a boil for the pasta. Make sure you add a little bit of oil and a pinch of salt to make your pasta perfect. Once cooked, drain water and pour cold water over to stop pasta being overcooked. Drain again and set aside.
- Heat saucepan on stove to medium heat. Melt butter and fry bacon strips. Once bacon is crispy, set aside to cool.
- In the same saucepan, add more butter until melted. Saute' garlic and onions. Pour in the three cheese sauce and bring it to boil.
- Assemble casserole in a baking pan. Alternate pasta, sauce and grated cheddar cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are in the pan. Top with more cheese covering most of the surface.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until all the cheese has melted.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!