Cheesy Baked Ziti Recipes
This delicious baked pasta casserole is sure to become a family favorite. This page contains cheesy baked ziti recipes
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
It's my own version of baked ziti that Italian restaurants serve. If you make it at home, you can save a lot.
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 250 mg Penne Regate Gourmet Pasta
- 200 mg 3 cheese tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 lb bacon strips, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 small piece of onion, chopped
- 1/4 lb butter, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring the water to a boil for the pasta. Make sure you add a little bit of oil and a pinch of salt to make your pasta perfect. Once cooked, drain water and pour cold water over to stop pasta being overcooked. Drain again and set aside.
- Heat saucepan on stove to medium heat. Melt butter and fry bacon strips. Once bacon is crispy, set aside to cool.
- In the same saucepan, add more butter until melted. Saute' garlic and onions. Pour in the three cheese sauce and bring it to boil.
- Assemble casserole in a baking pan. Alternate pasta, sauce and grated cheddar cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are in the pan. Top with more cheese covering most of the surface.
- Bake at 325 degrees F until all the cheese has melted.
April 10, 20080 found this helpful
Cook ziti until tender, rinse, drain and set aside. Brown ground beef until done. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Take a 9x13 inch pan and spread a thin layer of sauce in the bottom. Add in layers the ziti, ground beef, mozzarella, sharp cheddar, Cooper and layer of spaghetti sauce.Read More...