Cherry Limeade

Yes, I know it sounds crazy to buy two jars of maraschino cherries just for the juice but you can garnish this beverage with some of those cherries and use the rest to make cherry cobbler, make cherry cookies, use in fruit salads, or dehydrate for snacks. In case you don't want to pay store prices for these cherries, there are oodles of good recipes on the net to make your own ;-)

• 1 (12 oz.) can limeade frozen concentrate
  • 1 (2 liter) bottle 7-Up
  • 4 1/2 cups water
  • juice of 2 (10 oz.) jars maraschino cherries

Directions:

Mix ingredients, chill, and serve.

By Ann from Richland, WA

I bet this would be great freezing and making into popsicles for the kids on a hot summer day!

My other half is crazy about maraschino cherries in any of his cocktails. I found that Costco has this 64 oz. large plastic jar of the cherries, at a very low price. I can use the juice for my needs. The container is stored in the back of my fridge with the cherries that stay fresh for months for my hubby's use. If you're a Costco member check out how cheap their cherries are.

Isn't grenadine something similar to maraschino cherry juice? IF so, look at your liquour store for it.

Anonymous

EM10 and diana1117, thank you so very much for your wonderful suggestions and, Squirrely, grenadine is made out of pomegranates not cherries but pomegranate limeaid sounds pretty tasty too :-)

Isn't the brand Rose's made of cherries? I thought I had it in my house but it appears to be gone.

Anonymous

Very funny Anonymous! Grenadine is made from pomeganates and that's all there is to it.

Perhaps you drank a bit too much of it in mixed drinks and that's why it's gone now - LOL ;-)

Well Lila, you know me, even though I can't drink it, I would think a couple oz. of Stoli would be a very nice addition.

When I run out of water, I use tequila. After all, flexibility is the key to airpower!

It sounds very good and will consider making it.