Chicken Spaghetti Recipes

Category Pastas
Combine chicken and spaghetti for a delicious meal. This page contains chicken spaghetti recipes.

This is a recipe I came up with for my wife, because she had been working so I made dinner. The name "Half Naked Spaghetti" comes from no heavy sauces being used, just a flavor coating of the Tuscany dressing.

• 2 large boneless chicken breasts
  • box of whole wheat spaghetti
  • bottle of Tuscany Italian salad dressing
  • 2-3 Roma tomatoes
  • cheese of your choice: feta, goat, cheddar or Parmesan
  • a couple of pinches Italian spices

Directions:

Blanch the chicken breasts, adding a couple tablespoons of the Tuscany dressing and olive oil to the boil for additional flavoring. When done in about 15 minutes, remove the chicken. It should be cooked about a 1/4 of the way from the outside, in. Lay the breasts out on a cutting board. With a sharp knife, slice it diagonally about pinky finger thick small filets. Being careful not to cut yourself!

In a skillet pour some more Tuscany dressing and olive oil. Lay the small filets in the skillet cooking at a medium heat, drizzling dressing turning regularly, not allowing them to burn but to cook through when done.

Cover to keep warm. Sprinkle a little Italian seasoning while skillet cooking to add just the right flavor.

Slice tomatoes.

Cook spaghetti, drain (do not rinse) - don't worry about it sticking! Take each serving of spaghetti individually, place it in a bowl and pour dressing over it using your hand to gently massage it through releasing any starches that would cause the pasta to stick. Coat the pasta to your liking.

Plating: Place pasta to one side laying the small cooked lightly browned chicken filets on the other side but partially overlaying the pasta. Drape the sliced Roma tomatoes over the chicken, then spread your cheese of choice over the chicken and tomatoes and place plates in a pre-warmed oven just long enough to slightly melt the cheese. Be careful not to brown or burn the cheese. Serve with garlic bread and an nice garden salad with dried cranberries.

Servings: 2 or per breast
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 - 30 Minutes

By Scott McCauley from Palm Harbor, FL

This is one of my favorite recipes.

Ingredients

Directions

Break the spaghetti pasta in half and cook; drain and set aside. Boil the chicken breasts until done and set out to cool. When cool, cut into bite size pieces. Saute lightly the onions, bell pepper, and celery in the margarine. Wisk the two soups with the chicken broth and water until mixed well in a large bowl, then add the sauteed onions, green peppers, celery and drained mushrooms.

Add and stir in seasonings. Stir all together, then add the chicken pieces and the drained pasta. Stir again.

Spray a 9x13 inch glass casserole dish. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pour mixture into the casserole, and level out, then cover with the shredded cheddar. Bake 40 to 45 minutes until heated and cheese is melted.

Enjoy! This is a great family meal and also a winner to make and take to someone who has had surgery and isn't able to cook. Plus when there are leftovers it is even better heated up the next day. I like to make two and freeze one.

Source: This recipe was given to me by a lady my husband worked with years ago. Since then I have added a few of my own touches to it.

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

This recipe makes a great gravy! I prefer Swanson brand chicken broth.

I buy one large roasting chicken and can make 5 meals out of it. Here is one of my favorite recipes.