Chicken in Cream Sauce Recipes

Category Poultry
Cream sauce based recipes are a delicious, sometimes elegant, way to prepare chicken. This page contains chicken in cream sauce recipes.

Chicken served over rice with sour cream and onion soup sauce. This is my all time favorite recipe that mom used to make. Delicious! Even my husband likes it and he is a meat and potatoes guy.

Ingredients

Directions

Brown chicken in a large skillet. Mix sour cream and onion soup (mix well). After chicken is browned (well cooked), pour sour cream mixture over chicken and let simmer for 10 minutes with cover on to keep in moisture. Spoon chicken & and sauce over a bed of rice (of your choice)

We love the sauce so much we make a double the batch so when the chicken runs out, we still have some to add to plain rice.

We also use the sour cream / onion soup mixture for dipping vegetables. Much cheaper than buying onion dip and tastes better and makes 2 times the amount.

By Kim from Rogers AR

Oh my gosh, does this sound good! I LOVE the dip you can make with sour cream and onion soup mix. I just know this will be great! I can't wait to try it! Thanks for the recipe and I don't believe I had never thought of it!