Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Recipes

Category Poultry
In these recipes, chicken is paired with a delicious mushroom sauce, a classic combination. Make one of these easy recipes for your family tonight.

This is the best chicken dish I have made in years. The leftovers were even better the next day. You won't need to go to a restaurant after you taste this. I had chicken purchased on sale, and my store had a terrific sale on mushrooms, so this dish was very inexpensive as well.

Prep Time: 10 minutes

Cook Time: 15 minutes

Total Time: 1/2 hour or less

Yield: 4 servings

Source: Taste of Home

Link: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/contest-winning-chicken-with-mushroom-sauce

• 2 tsp cornstarch
  • 1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)
  • 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each) NOTE: I used boneless, skinless thighs
  • 1 Tbsp olive oil
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
  • 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
  • 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth (I used broth)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp pepper

1. Mix the cornstarch and the milk in a cup until lump-free. Set aside.
  2. Pound the meat until 1/4-inch thick.
  3. In a large, nonstick pan, add the olive oil and brown the meat, 5-6 minutes per side.
  4. Remove the meat and set aside.
  5. Melt the butter. Saute the mushrooms and the onions until soft.
  6. Stir in the sherry or the broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
  7. Stir the cornstarch mixture once more and add to the pan.
  8. Return to a boil, and cook, stirring often, until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
  9. Ad

10. Add the chicken, and heat through.
Comment Pin it! Was this helpful? Yes

Top Comment

I was made hungry just looking at the pictures. This has got to be good. I'm going to make this soon, maybe a belated birthday dinner. I'll make it with the breasts and the sherry. Sherry goes so well with mushrooms. May I suggest that if you can find a medium sherry, not sweet nor dry, that you try it with this recipe, sometime. You may be pleasantly surprised. And if you have concerns about the alcohol, it will all be cooked away.

Thanks, Judy!

Top Comment

Glad you are going to try it. I never drink so I figured the sherry would just go bad if I bought it just for this recipe. I'm sure it will be delicious with it.

Combine chicken, rice, bread crumbs, celery and pimento. To the beaten eggs, add salt, poultry seasoning and broth (or use 2 cubes chicken bouillon dissolved in 2 cups hot water, then cooled); mix thoroughly.