Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Recipes
In these recipes, chicken is paired with a delicious mushroom sauce, a classic combination. Make one of these easy recipes for your family tonight.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This is the best chicken dish I have made in years. The leftovers were even better the next day. You won't need to go to a restaurant after you taste this. I had chicken purchased on sale, and my store had a terrific sale on mushrooms, so this dish was very inexpensive as well.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1/2 hour or less
Yield: 4 servings
Source: Taste of Home
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each) NOTE: I used boneless, skinless thighs
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sherry or chicken broth (I used broth)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Mix the cornstarch and the milk in a cup until lump-free. Set aside.
- Pound the meat until 1/4-inch thick.
- In a large, nonstick pan, add the olive oil and brown the meat, 5-6 minutes per side.
- Remove the meat and set aside.
- Melt the butter. Saute the mushrooms and the onions until soft.
- Stir in the sherry or the broth, salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture once more and add to the pan.
- Return to a boil, and cook, stirring often, until thickened, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, and heat through.
CommentsRead More Comments
Combine chicken, rice, bread crumbs, celery and pimento. To the beaten eggs, add salt, poultry seasoning and broth (or use 2 cubes chicken bouillon dissolved in 2 cups hot water, then cooled); mix thoroughly.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.