Making a Child's Travel Buddy
Keep a young child happy and entertained during long road trips with one of these cute little bags. This is a page about making a child's travel buddy
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
This project I made with my grandchild and other small children in mind. It can be put together using a suit case, makeup case, or caboodle caddy. This a convenient carrier and play toy that can be used as a carry on, on a plane, or when traveling by car. Your child's favorite toy(s) are easily tucked away for travel and clean up.
Total Time: 2 hours
- travel case
- craft paints
- glue gun
- Teddy bear
- foam cushion (optional)
- Paint the inside of your case, allow to dry.
- Cut foam to size using you case as a template. This will be placed in the lid of my bag, making a comfy mattress that will be wrapped in fabric and hot glued together.
- Using a separate piece of fabric, loosely make a pocket using (1/2 piece of fabric) long enough to tuck underneath your foam cover. Hot glue the sides, base, and bottom to the lid of your case.
- To make sure there is a enough room in the pocket. Pre-place your teddy for room.
- For extra detail a window scene was painted and fabric curtains hot glued in place.
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.