Chili Dip Recipes

This yummy dip can be served hot or cold and is great for any occasion. This page contains chili dip recipes.

Ingredients
  • 1 can Hormel chili (without beans)
  • 1 lb. Velveeta cheese (or generic brand)

Directions

Blend chili and cheese; melt together in microwave. Can also be blended and put in crockpot to melt.

By Robin from Washington, IA

Ingredients

• 1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
  • 1 small can chili, no beans
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • Corn, tortilla or other chips

Directions

Spread cream cheese in bottom of 8x8 inch pan. Add chili on top then shredded cheese. Bake at 350 degrees F. until cheese melts. Serve with your favorite chips.

One of my favorite chip dips!

• 2 cans Hormel chili (no beans)
  • 1 (8 oz.) pkg. Velveeta cheese
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
  • Advertisement

• 1/2 tsp. Tabasco sauce

Directions:

1. Heat chili in saucepan; add cheese and stir until cheese melts.
  2. Add salt and Tabasco sauce. Stir until heated.
  3. Serve warm or cold with tortilla chips.

Servings: varies
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: varies - just long enough to melt cheese and heat through

By Robin from Washington, IA

Whilst I was visiting the USA I had a chili dip that was made by some Mexican friends... it involved baking whole chillies in the oven and then? My memory escapes me (perhaps it was the wine). Anyway, I am unable to recall how the recipe was finished, but it ended up a delicious (albeit hot) dip. Can anyone help with the recipe - or similar please?

Alex from Canberra, ACT, Aust

Answers

I have some questions that might help us find something similar. There are so many different types of chilis that it's hard to know. Was it red or green? Was it a salsa (chunky) type dip or a smooth one more like a sauce?

Sorry, I didn't take into account the variety of chilis available, and I have no idea what type our host used. Judging by the colour of the dip I think our host used a combination of both red and green. The consistency was on the thin side - more like an 'oil' I would say, and dark similar to a brown vinegar colour. Due to the lack of specific information available, I would be happy for a recipe that is somewhat similar (not discounting one with a salsa or other consistency). Thanks so much for your interest.

If all else fails, how about taking a regular dip that you like and adding a few drops of chili pepper oil?

Tabasco and Louisiana style hot sauce are just a few products to get you started.

Hi Alex,
Here are some good links:

www.cookingforengineers.com/.../Salsa-Cruda

www.pepperfool.com/.../fire_roasted_salsa.html

www.pepperfool.com/.../kens_hot.html

www.gourmetsleuth.com/roastchilies.htm

I looked under "Roasted Chili Salsa recipes" and "Roasted Chili Pepper Recipes".

It's possible that they used green chilis and red chilis, roasted them, then cleaned out the seeds and scooped out the pulp. There are so many, it's hard to know but they sure make good dips and salsas in the Southwest.

If you can write to your friends and ask them, then you would know exactly what you are looking for.

Have Fun,
Susan from ThriftyFun

Food and Recipes Recipes Dips & SpreadsOctober 22, 2012
🌻
😷
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Chili-Dip-Recipes.html