Chili Relleno Bake
What to do with lots of free banana peppers? Make this recipe. You can adjust the "spicyness" by adding different kinds of peppers or cheese to the recipe and adding a little more hot sauce.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 70 minutes
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- banana peppers or an assortment of chili peppers
- 1 1/2 cup cheese, Cheddar or jalapeno Monterey Jack
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 tsp hot sauce
- Brown the ground beef with the chopped onions, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cut and remove seeds from peppers. For a more spicy dish, use jalapeno peppers, less spicy, use banana peppers. Or you can use a mixture of different kinds of peppers you may have on hand. Spray a 9 by 13 inch casserole dish. Add half of the cut up peppers on the bottom. Layer with 3/4 cup cheese and then add all of the cooked meat. Add another layer of peppers and remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
- Mix milk with seasonings, hot sauce, and eggs and beat in blender. Pour over top of casserole and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 50 minutes.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Using a small casserole dish, I lightly stuffed the chilies with cheese instead of layering them and spiced up the plain tomato sauce.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2021 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.