Chilled Yogurt Soup
This soup, containing yogurt and flavorful veggies, is perfect for an elegant dinner party. Try a bowl of creamy chilled soup on a hot summer evening.
Share on ThriftyFunThis page contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
Packed with fresh vegetables, nuts, raisins and yogurt, this is one of my all time favourite summertime soups. It's so refreshing in the hot weather, and cheap and easy to make. It's originally a Persian recipe called "Ab Doogh Khiar" but it's easier to just say "Chilled Yogurt Soup." ;) Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour chill time
- 1 Persian cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/4 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp dried mint
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- salt to taste
- Pour the yogurt in a large bowl. Add the cucumber, tomato, onion, walnuts, and raisins. Mix well.
- Add the cumin and mint. Mix well.
- Add salt to taste. I used a bit over 1/2 a teaspoon. Mix well.
- While stirring, slowly add the water. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for an hour. Alternatively, you can skip the fridge step and add a couple ice cubes to it and serve. So refreshing!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.