Chiweenie Photos

Category Dogs
A delightful canine companion is Chihuahua and Dachshund mixed breed. This page contains Chiweenie photos.

Peanut, also known as Mr. Peanut, is 11 years young and a Dachshund/Chihuahua mix. I adopted Peanut one year ago from the St Louis Senior Dog Project (www.stlseniordogproject.typepad.com).

Peanut likes to sleep, chase squirrels with his adopted brother (a year old Chihuahua/Poodle mix named Charlie).

I am so proud of the amazing progress Peanut has made in just a year, from a shy shivering heap to a sweet "puppy like" lap dog. He has inspired me to help other senior dogs get the second chance they deserve. There is no senior rescue specific to my area, so I recently founded the Middle Tennessee Senior Dog Project. We are currently applying for non-profit status.

By RuthBradt from Mt. Juliet, TN

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Baby is a 1 year old Dachshund/Chihuahua mix. I got her from my Brother. She likes to lay on me, and sleep with me.

My pet is pregnant by another full blooded Dachshund. She's wonderful! She loves me and loves following me around. I love her.

By Jamie from Sikeston, MO

small dog

Comment Like this photo? 11

Mattie and Scoobie are 5 months old. Chiweenie is the breed of these puppies. These pups belong to my son, who got them from my neighbor about 3 months ago.

They like to sleep, eat and go outside. These are called Chiweenie Dogs. They are a mix of Chihuahua and Miniature Dachsund. They are a designer hybrid that is not recognized by the AKC yet.

By flor2007 from Valdosta, GA

2 dogs

Comment Like this photo? 6

Pebbles is a 6 month old Chihuahua/Dachshund mix. She was a surprised when my sister's male Chihuahua mixed with her son's older Dachshund who had never been able to get pregnant in six years.

She likes to wrangle toes, wrangle noses, and chase the cats. She will run to make you chase her and she will run away from you. You can't catch her she is way too fast. She likes to sing to "Oh my darling Clementine." She is a clown. She will do anything to make us laugh.

By Tammie

tan dog n the yard

Comment Like this photo? 9

Your Pet's Age
3 years old

Your Pet's Breed
Chiweenie (chihuahua/dachshund)

How and when did you get your pet?
I got him as a backyard breeder rescue but I think he rescued me instead.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
Howl at the fire truck sirens, howl when he is hungry, prance like a horse and rub on things like a cat would do .
roll on his back and squirm

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
My Charlie is a unique lil guy with his own lil personality. He is perfect for me and I wouldn't have him any other way.

To make the prisoner costume for Charlie, I made it out of an old shirt that I had that has black stripes. I cut it his size and sewed it to fit him. The hat I made out of a piece of cardboard. I wrapped it with the leftover material of the shirt and wrote prisoner on it and used a rubber band to wrap it around his head.

Comment Like this photo? 7

Dinky is a Chiweenie, which is Chihuahua and Dachshund, and a little over a year old. We got him from a friend almost a year ago. His favorite thing to do is play tug-o-war. He also enjoys playing with our other dog. All that play gets him all tired out so he is usually laying on my lap, shoulder, right beside me, or burrowed under the covers in bed.

By Rashell from Sacramento, CA

small dog

Comment Like this photo? 4