These choco/mint cookies are a favorite with family and co/workers, and will keep you asking for more! With this dual flavored cookie. It is perfect for everyday and special enough for parties. Here is how!
- 2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 oz. dark chocolate chip morsels
- Beat butter in mixer on medium for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat.
- Scraping bowl, and blending. Add egg and vanilla. Beat.
- Add flour as much as you can. Mix.
- Divide dough in half. Take 1 half of the dough and add cocoa, and stir until blended. With the other half, add mint extract and a few drops of green coloring. Mix.
- Take each portions of the dough and cut in half (making 2 chocolate and 2 mint). Take 1 of the chocolate and roll to about 9 inches long. Take a chunk(1/2) of the the green dough and roll the same.
- Place 1 of each side by side and gently twist and roll together. This makes 2- 9 inch long lengths. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut dough into 1/2 inch for soft cookies; 1/4 inch for crunchy cookie.
- Bake at 350 F for 9 to 10 minute. Cool on baking rack. Melt chocolate morsels and drizzle tops of cookies. Here comes YUM!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!