No Bake Chocolate Mint Cookies

Category No Bake
These cookies are not only delicious but they are quick and easy to prepare. This page contains recipes for no bake chocolate mint cookies.

This is a very simple way to get your fix of those crispy, chocolatey, minty cookies. I had seen a similar recipe and they used Andes baking chips. I had never heard of them. But sure enough, there they were at Target! I almost paid the $3 for the bag, but realized I probably had all the ingredients at home to make them just as good. Be warned that once you eat one, you will want to keep going until the whole platter is gone!

Total Time: 10 minutes, plus time for the chocolate to harden

Yield: About 20 "cookies"

• 20 Ritz crackers
  • 1/4 bag (4 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used mini)
  • 1 Tbsp shortening
  • 1/2 tsp peppermint extract

1. Put your chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Add chocolate chips and shortening. You can skip the shortening, if you like. I always use it and rarely have chocolate "seize" on me. Microwave 30 seconds to start with.
  2. Ad

3. Take out of the microwave and stir. Put in the microwave and heat another 20-30 seconds. Stir until the chocolate is smooth. Add 1/2 teaspoon of peppermint extract, stir and then taste. Don't go crazy with this stuff. If you want it a little more minty, add a few more drops. Stir the extract into the chocolate.
  4. Take your cracker and dip it into the melted chocolate. I like to use a spoon to pour the chocolate on top. You can use a fork underneath to pull the cracker out.
  5. Ad

6. Wipe the fork against the bowl to get the excess chocolate off.
  7. Place on a piece of wax paper.
  8. Ad

9. Wait patiently for the chocolate to harden. Enjoy!

I have seen several recipes for faux Girl Scout cookies made with Ritz crackers dipped in mint chocolate. I did mine a bit differently.

Ingredients

No Cook Fondant:

Directions

Combine fondant ingredients together to form a soft ball. Put in air tight container.

Melt the chocolate and wax.

Put some fondant in the middle of a Ritz cracker and press and form with fingers on top to the edge. When chocolate is melted, use a knife and spread the chocolate over the top and down the edges of the cracker and set on wax paper to dry.

You may prefer to dip the whole cracker. I also have ground up candy canes and sprinkled on top of the wet chocolate. These also freeze well.

By Sarah Ann from Shelton, WA