Chocolate Almond Topped Banana Bread
Banana bread with added chia and hemp seeds for a healthy twist, that is topped with almonds and baking chips for a crunchy hint of chocolate. Perfect to serve for upcoming holiday parties.
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 1 Loaf
- 4 bananas
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 packed cup brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Dash of vegetable oil or spray
- In a bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a mixer on medium/high speed, add brown sugar, yogurt, butter and eggs.
- Incorporate dry ingredients to the mixer until combined. On low speed add bananas, half the chocolate chip, hemp seeds and chia seeds.
- Line loaf pan with parchment paper and spray vegetable oil - pour mixture and top off with remaining chocolate chips and almond slices.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F and bake for 60 minutes, or until ready. Allow to cool on a rack, then enjoy!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!