Banana and Almond Butter Pancakes

Category Breakfast
Reduce the carbs in your diet and still enjoy a delicious banana pancake. This is a page about banana and almond butter pancakes.

I've missed pancakes since I've been told to watch my carbs. When I saw this recipe in Woman's Day magazine, I knew I had to try it. I did substitute peanut butter for the more expensive almond butter. I also added flaxseed meal to add fiber and to make me feel fuller longer. This recipe came out so good. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

Total Time: 10 minutes

Yield: 9 pancakes (3 pancakes per serving)

Source: March 2016 Woman's Day magazine

• 1 large, very ripe banana
  • 1/4 cup smooth almond butter (I substituted peanut butter)
  • 2 large eggs
  • 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal (optional)
  • syrup, fruit, butter for serving (optional)

1. Mash the banana and the almond butter well in a medium sized bowl.
  2. Advertisement

3. Whisk in the eggs with a fork.
  4. If using the flaxseed meal, add it now.
  5. Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. It is hot enough when beads of water "dance" on it.
  6. Add 2 T of batter per pancake to the skillet. Cook until bubbles start to burst around the edges and in the center. This will take about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip over and cook 1 minute more, until the underside is golden brown.
  7. Advertisement

8. Transfer the cooked pancakes to a baking sheet, cover with foil, and put in an oven at low temperature to keep warm while you are making the rest of the pancakes (NOTE: I didn't need to do this.)
  9. Serve with butter, syrup, fruit or enjoy as is.

Nutrition facts (without flaxseed). Per 3 pancakes: 219 calories, 15g fat (2.5g saturated fat), 124 mg cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 9 g protein, 15g carbs, 3 g fiber.

The flax adds per 3 pancakes: 20 calories, 1.16g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1.6 mg sodium, 1.6 g carbs, 0 g sugar, 1g protein.

Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastNovember 30, 2016
💘
🍀

Generated 2020-01-29 14:46:19 in 3 secs. ⛅️️ ⚡️