Chocolate Cowboy Hats

These chocolate cowboy hats are a wonderful edible craft. I am making them for my nephew's birthday/Halloween party where he will be dressing up as Woody, the cowboy from Toy Story (his absolute favourite). These only take a few food items and a bit of patience. They would also be awesome for a western movie lover or a baby shower!

I always buy these wavy little chocolate crisps (used for the hat base) at my local Trader Joe's. You can find similar on Amazon or Instacart. Lay's makes a nice chocolate covered potato crisp, as well.

Total Time: 30 minutes

1. To make the bands around the cowboy hats, cut your fruit roll ups into thin strips. Make sure each strip is a bit longer than the circumference of a Rolo.
  2. Take a fruit strip and wrap it around the base of a Rolo. Add a dab of water to the end of the fruit strip, then press the other end on top of it.
  3. Putting pressure on the ends of the sealed fruit strip will keep it glued shut.
  4. Add a dab of water under the Rolo and place it on a chocolate crisp. Continue with the rest until you have the desired amount of cowboy hats.

These are too cute!! I wish my nephews were younger they would adore these!! They loved Toy Story too and were both candy fiends when they were little!

You have the best crafts!! Thank for sharing!! XO!

Thank you so much!!! I bet your nephews would secretly still adore them-- I know this grown adult does, especially because they are yummy. hahaha! Trick or treat! x

How clever and so cute !!

Thanks Kim!!! :)

What a creative mind to come up with this. It is absolutely creative, so darn cute! Just love it!

Thanks, Linda! They are yummy too. I had one that kinda melted together the next day and it was terrific :D

Holidays and Parties Parties FoodOctober 14, 2020
🎉
😷
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Chocolate-Cowboy-Hats.html