Chocolate Orange Fudge Brownies
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
January 21, 2016
My husband and I are huge fans of Terry's Chocolate Oranges, the orange shaped chocolate balls that have a yummy hint of orange. I made this recipe out of the blue and it turned out WAY better than I thought it would. It is so elegant, rich and super easy to make. My version only has five ingredients.
Total Time: 45 to 55 minutes
Yield: 9 to 12 brownies
- 1 pkg plain brownie mix (I used a generic 10.25 ounce pack)
- 1 medium/large orange
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips or chunks (I chopped up candy bars)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Take the zest off the whole orange.
- Separate orange zest equally in two bowls. Put one aside.
- Cut the orange into segments and squeeze the juice into one of the orange zest bowls. It should give you about half a cup of juice.
- Crack open and whisk your egg.
- Add orange juice and zest mixture into egg.
- Mix in the oil.
- Add package of brownie powder. Mix well, stirring at least 50 times.
- Add chocolate chips/chunks to your batter.
- Pour batter into a greased pan. Sprinkle the top with reserved orange zest. Depending on the size of your pan, bake from 35 to 40 minutes (do a toothpick test). I used a 9x9 inch glass baking pan.
- Cool, cut into squares, and serve!
CommentsRead More Comments
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2022 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.