Recipes Using Brownies
Read More Comments
With ghosts popping straight up at you, these brownies are the perfect treat for Halloween. All you need is your favourite brownie mix, some marshmallows, and marshmallow ghost Peeps. I toasted the marshmallows with a culinary torch to add to their spookiness.
*I used a cupcake pan in order to create a nice sturdy base for these treats. You could use a standard brownie pan, as well.
Total Time: 90 minutes including baking, cooling, and decorating time
Yield: 1 dozen brownies
- 1 18 oz box brownie mix made to their instructions
- 12 large marshmallows
- 12 marshmallow peeps
- Preheat oven to whatever temperature is listed on your box. Make brownie mix according to box instructions. I added a tablespoon of double strength espresso to mine. You may also use your own favourite recipe.
- Pour brownie mix into greased cupcake tin, but don't fill all the way up. Bake in preheated oven as listed on given recipe.
- Pull brownies out a few minutes early. Tear up each marshmallow into 3 to 4 pieces and place on top of each brownie round.
- Return brownies to hot oven and bake for a few minutes, until marshmallows are melted. Allow to cool for 10 minutes on a rack, then remove from tin.
- When brownies have cooled, take something like a chopstick and dig a hole in the center of each brownie.
- Place ghosts on the tops and use the chopstick to jam the bottoms into the holes. The gooey marshmallow should help hold them up nicely. If you need more stability, you can use toothpicks to rest them against.
- Use a culinary torch to toast the marshmallow blobs under the ghosts.
2 More Recipes
Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.
Believe it or not, summer will be soon coming, and this is the greatest dessert to serve and eat. Prepare and bake brownies as directed on package using the oil, water and eggs. Cool completely in pan.Read More...
Stir boiling water into dry gelatin in medium bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add ice; stir until ice is completely melted and gelatin starts to thicken.Read More...
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2020 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.