Choosing a Vacuum Cleaner

Can anyone recommend the best vacuum cleaner to buy?

By Onesummer

A Dyson. I have the Dyson Animal, because I have cats. I bought it before the ball feature was available. I think that one looks excellent.

Definitely the Dyson, well worth the money (they are OUCH pricey). If you are on a tight budget, look in the charity and thrift shops for a old Hoover, those were hard to kill and easy to rebuild for pennies-instructions are all over the 'Net.

If you're on a moderate budget, one of the under $50 Bissells are good, I beat the heck out of mine and it kept running for a long time.

We had our carpets clean using the dry method. The fellow showed me the stuff he vacuumed up and said "the only people that don't say "WOW!" are people who own a Dyson or a Bissell.

So I bought a Bissell. I got a bagless upright with a liftoff canister and I really like it. It's listed as Bissell Lift-Off MultiCyclonic Pet Upright Vacuum with Detachable Canister, Bagless, 89Q9 on Amazon for $179.