Choosing the Right Coffee Table

Category Living Room
Depending on the size of the living room and couch, determine the best shape and size for your coffee table. This guide is about choosing the right coffee table.

I have a black TV stand (not wanting to change this), an oak coffee table that is in need of being redone, and a white book case that could use some help. My question is, what color/lines/etc. should the coffee table be and should I do something with the white book case to make it tie in with the coffee table? Colors of the living room are:
walls-neutral light tan
carpet- tan, brown, black
couch-brown with accent pillows that are light brown, blue and green.
floorboards-white.
I want color, but I want to make it all come together nicely. Any ideas please?

By Lynn G.