Chorizo Potato Egg Skillet
Diamond Post Medal for All Time! 1,246 Posts
This skillet uses up leftover mashed potatoes to make a creamy, dreamy breakfast treat with a perfectly cooked egg in the middle. You don't need to use your oven to get a nice all-over baked touch, you can make this right on the stove. Chorizo has so many awesome flavours in it, you don't need salt or spices. This dish is really easy to make!
I made this a personal skillet just for myself, but you can multiply the ingredients and use a bigger pan to feed more. If you'd like your egg on the looser side, lift the lid earlier in the process.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 serving
- 2.5 ounces chorizo
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/3 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- Heat up a nonstick pan over medium heat and add chorizo. The fat will start to separate. Cook for a couple minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, for a few minutes.
- Add the mashed potatoes and stir a little bit, keeping some of the mash unmixed.
- Make a well in the middle of the mixture and drop in the egg.
- Cook egg for a minute or two, then add the water to the pan and cover with a lid. Cook for a couple more minutes, until egg has gone white and is no longer runny.
- Remove the lid and cook a bit longer until there is no water in the pan. You'll want the sides to look crisped.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cilantro. Serve immediately.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Published by ThriftyFun.
© 1997-2023 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved.