Christmas Cookie Recipes

Category Cookies
Christmas is not only a time for a tree and presents, it is also cookie time. This page contains Christmas cookie recipes.

Recipes

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these recipes. If you have made this recipe please submit a photo and let us know how it worked. Or, add your own recipe variation.

Our local newspaper runs really good recipes. This issue has cookies that sound so good. The readership is small, and these recipes should be shared.

• 2 egg whites (cold)
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Beat egg whites and salt until stiff, then beat in sugar and vanilla. Continue to beat until very stiff peaks form. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Place in preheated oven, then immediately turn the oven off. Do not open the oven until the following day.

These are basically meringue cookies with chocolate chips, and will be crispy and chewy.

Source: Gloria Pleva Kacik with the "Royalton Recorder" of North Royalton, OH

By Copasetic 1 from North Royalton, OH

From the cookie left out for Santa to the gifts of cookies we give our neighbors, the cookie is one of the symbols of Christmas. Now a lot of people have gotten away from baking some of the great Christmas Classics so I present them here to you for your baking pleasure. Cookies are a great activity for young and old alike, because there is really no way to mess these up unless you are not watching the oven. These are my family's favorites.

Some have been passed down for generations. If you love to bake and have no one to bake for, consider baking some of these for your nursing home or even your firemen or a preschool. Merry Christmas and Happy Baking from me and mine!

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Heat the oven to 375 degrees F. Cream shortening and sugars and egg and vanilla thoroughly. In another bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt.For a softer rounded cookie add 1/4cup more flour. Stir dry ingredients and the wet ingredients together and then blend. Mix in the nuts and chocolate pieces. Drop rounded teaspoon fulls of dough about 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until delicately browned.

Easy Sugar Cookies

Cream shortening, sugar, eggs and vanilla thoroughly. In another bowl stir flour, baking powder, and salt together blend with creamed mixture. Chill one hour. Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Roll dough 1/8 inch thick on lightly floured board. Cut with cookie cutters. Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake 6-8 minutes or until cookies golden.

Candy Cane Cookies

Heat oven 375 degrees F. Cream shortening sugar egg and flavorings In another bowl mix flour and salt and stir into shortening mixture. Divide dough in half. Blend food coloring into one half. Roll a four inch strip using one teaspoon dough from each color. For smooth even strips roll them back and forth on lightly floured board. Place strips side by side and press lightly together and twist like rope. For best results complete cookies one at a time. If all the dough of one color is shaped first, strips become to dry to twist. Place on greased baking sheet and curve top down to form hook, bake 9 minutes until lightly brown While still warm remove from baking sheet and sprinkle with mixture of Candy and sugar.

Snickerdoodles

Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Mix the shortening and the 1 1/2cup sugar and eggs thoroughly. Measure flour blend the flour and cream of tartar and soda and salt together. Shape dough into 1 inch balls Roll in mixture of 2 tbsp sugar and the cinnamon. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet Bake 8-10 minutes. These cookies puff up at first and then flatten out. Makes 6 dozen cookies.

Coconut Macaroons

Combine the flour salt and sugar sift into a bowl. Beat until stiff and peaky the egg whites. Fold into flour mixture. Add 1/2 tsp. of vanilla, Fold in carefully two cups of coconut. Drop by teaspoon onto lightly greased waxed paper on cookie sheets. Allow space for spreading bake oven 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until golden brown and dry on surface. Makes about 32 cookies.

Cranberry Drops

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Cream butter and sugars together. Beat in milk orange juice and egg. Stir together flour baking powder and salt and soda. Blend well with creamed sugars. Stir in chopped nuts and cranberries. Drop dough by teaspoon fulls on to greased baking sheet and bake 10=15 minutes. Makes 11 dozen cookies.

Christmas Jewels

Heat oven to 325 degrees F. Mix shortening, sugar, molasses and egg . Stir all of the dry ingredients together. Blend in shortening mixture. Stir in fruit and nuts. Drop dough by teaspoon fulls about 1 inch apart on lightly greased baking sheet Bake 12-15 minutes Makes 6 dozen cookies.

Chocolate Crinkles

Mix oil and chocolate and 2 cups sugar blend in one egg at a time until well mixed. Add vanilla. In another bowl mix dry ingredients and then add to oil mixture. Chill several hours or overnight. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Drop by teaspoons full dough into the confectioners sugar then roll in the sugar and shape into balls. Place 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes. Do not overbake. Makes 6 dozen cookies.

Pecan Spice Cookies

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix shortening and sugar and egg thoroughly. In another bowl mix dry ingredients Stir into shortening mixture. Stir in chopped pecans. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Place 2 inches on greased baking sheet. Place a pecan half on top of each cookie. Flatten slightly. Bake 10-12 minutes. 4-5 dozen cookies

No Bake Chinese Cookie Balls

Melt chocolate over hot water and then remove from heat. Add corn syrup and sugar and mix. Combine instant coffee and milk and then stir into the mixture. Add nuts and crumbs and vanilla and Mix well. Shape into small balls roll balls into confectioners sugar. Chill. Makes 70 balls.

No Bake Rum Balls

Mix all together until thoroughly combined. Dip fingers into the confectioners sugar and form rum mixture into balls. Place on waxed paper and let set at least four to five hours to mellow the rum. Roll balls in confectioners sugar again. 4-5 dozen

Gingerbread People

Mix the molasses, brown sugar, water and shortening Mix in remaining ingredients except the frosting.

Chill for a least two hours. Heat oven 350 degrees F. Roll dough a quarter of an inch thick on floured board. Cut with floured gingerbread cutters or other favorite shapes. Place about 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake until no indentation remains when touched, 10-12 minutes. Cool and decorate with frosting. Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.

One of my family's favorite cookies is also the easiest for me to make this time of year. All you do is take prepared sugar cookie dough, roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and then roll into red and green colored sugar.

Yummy and Quick and easy! Combine confectioners' sugar and pistachio pudding. Add cream and margarine. Knead until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Shape mixture into 1 inch balls.

This an easy, quick recipe for your Christmas Season.

From "A Charlie Brown Christmas Movie" recipe series. I did all of these and then we watched the movie! My kids and day care kids LOVED IT!

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat 2 egg whites till foamy. Gradually add 2/3 cup sugar and continue beating till peaks form. Fold in pinch of salt, 1 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract, 1 cup finely chopped pecans, and 1 cup semi sweet chocolate bits (small or regular).

I love having these in the fridge just waiting for Christmas company.

Recipe for Christmas Cut-Outs. Cream butter and sugar. Add other ingredients. Mix well. Chill dough. Roll and cut out. Bake at 375 degrees F for 8 minutes. Don't overbake.

These cute card shaped cookies are very colorful and delicious. They are fun cookies to make with your kids this Christmas.

These cookies are a lot of fun for kids to make. They appear so different once they are baked, its like magic.

Could someone please help me find this recipe. My mother used to make it for me back in the late 70s early 80s.

It is not the common spitzbuben one, this one had 1 lb of butter in the crust and then it was topped with jam and covered with meringue and chopped pecans?

Please if anyone has a recipe similar to this let me know, thank you very, very much in advance.

Answers

Best Answer

this one sounds close, but has no jam or pecans. maybe you could sort of combine with the spitzbuben recipe?
http://www.chri  es/recipe109.php

Best Answer

Hi, I don't have the recipe handy, but you need to search for "mandel halb mond" (excuse my german)....they are my all time favourite (and were my Oma's alltime favourite)...I know you had to bake the almond shortbread base (which was rolled/patted into a cookie sheet) first, remove from oven add jam, and then spread the egg white /lemon on top and quickly bake again. The n it all had to be cut out into cresents (we just used a juice glass)....YUM! I do have spitzbuben recipe if you need!
D

I am looking for a recipe which was on the back of a Christmas bag of M&M's several years ago. It used the green and red M&Ms and also candied cherries. I seem to remember using almond extract too. Anyone have this recipe?

Laura from Fairview Heights, IL

Answers

Googled the M&M's website. They have Classic Cookies, Drop Cookies & Specialty Cookies.

http://www.mms.  searchrecipe.jsp

Here is another web site with holiday baking ideas...

http://www.brig  ristmas/recipes/

From cookbooks.com:
MERRY CHERRY BARS
1 c. butter
1 c. granulated sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. almond extract
2 c. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
3/4 c. coarsely chopped red
candied cherries
1/3 c. coarsely chopped green
M&M's
1 c. sifted confectioners
sugar
5 tsp. warm water

Beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy;
blend in egg and almond extract. Add combined flour and salt;
mix well. Stir in 1/2 cup cherries. Spread dough into greased
15 1/2 x 10 x 1/2-inch jelly roll pan. Sprinkle with remaining
1/4 cup cherries and candies; press in lightly. Bake at 300 degrees
for 30 to 35 minutes or until edges are very lightly browned.
Cool thoroughly. Combine confectioners sugar and water, mixing
until smooth. Drizzle over cherry candy topping; cut into bars
to serve.
Note: One 16 ounce package of M&M's plain candies
yields about 1/2 cup green M&M's.

Regarding the recipe I just posted, I notice some variations use 1/2 cup red & green M&Ms instead of 1/3 cup of green ones.

M&M's has a web page called "Bright ideas" I bet you can find the recipe there. Teressa

Liz...Thanks so much...that is exactly the recipe I have been looking for....I appreciate your responding. Thanks again! Have a great holiday!

I was looking for that a couple of years ago. Wrote into the M&M company, but no reply. I am so happy you sent it in! Happy Holidays

I am looking for some exciting cookie recipes that I can make for Christmas. Does anyone have any recipes or know of some good resources to find some online? I plan on going to the library, but I thought it might be interesting to see what others are baking this year.

Thanks.
Jan

Answers

I have been baking Christmas cookies for my family for years. I have tried various recipes some great and some not so great. This year I was baking cupcakes for my daughter using regular cake mix when I noticed a recipe for cookies on the box. It took me 3 minutes to make the cookie mix and it tastes great. When I go to the grocery store and the cake mixes are on sale I stock up and buy 6 to 10 boxes. Usually when you prepare commercial cake mix you use water, oil and eggs. To make the cookies you just add oil and eggs but omit the water. You should be able to find the recipe on the box. Enjoy.

Anonymous

No Bake Cookies
(in dh's house, they are known as Candy Cookies)

Bring the following to a rapid boil and continue boiling for 2 minutes:
1/2 cup milk
2 cups sugar
2 T cocoa
1/2 cup butter (I use margarine)

Remove from heat and stir in the following:
3 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (I use crunchy)
1 t vanilla
dash salt (I rarely add it)

Drop quickly onto cookie sheet or waxed paper.

I usually double or triple the recipe as they are super yummy and go fast in my house. Get out the milk!

Easy Brownies
from an old college friend, Sybil

Melt in the microwave or on top of stove:
4 squares unsweetened baking chocolate (4 oz)
2 sticks butter or margarine

Add:
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
3/4 cup flour

If desired, you can add 1/2 cup of any of the following: chocolate chips, nuts, or coconut.

Bake in 400 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes. Do NOT overcook.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==--==--=-=-=-=
Cream cheese chocolate chip brownies

1-8 oz package cream cheese
2 1/3 cups sugar
3 eggs
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup margarine
1.5 1-oz squares unsweetened chocolate
2 cups flour
1/2 cup sour cream
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1-6 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips (or peanut butter chips)

-Combine softened cream cheese and 1/3 cup sugar, mixing until well blended. Blend in 1 egg, set aside.
-In 2 quart saucepan combine: water, margarine, and chocolate; Bring to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add combined remaining sugar and flour. Mix well. Blend in remaining eggs, sour cream, baking soda and salt.
- Pour into greased and floured 15.5 X 10.5 jelly roll plan (I use a regular cake pan).
- Spoon cream cheese mixture over chocolate batter. Cut through with knife for marble effect. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
Bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes

It sounds complicated when you read it, but it isn't. It's super yummy!

Enjoy!

I have also made the cookies from cake mixes. I love them. The chocolate is my favorite. Nothing easier than these cookies. And you can dress them up for the holidays with sprinkles and such. Val