Switzerland Christmas Cookies

Could someone please help me find this recipe. My mother used to make it for me back in the late 70s early 80s.

It is not the common spitzbuben one, this one had 1 lb of butter in the crust and then it was topped with jam and covered with meringue and chopped pecans?

Please if anyone has a recipe similar to this let me know, thank you very, very much in advance.

Best Answer

this one sounds close, but has no jam or pecans. maybe you could sort of combine with the spitzbuben recipe?
http://www.chri … es/recipe109.php

By Dagmar (Guest Post)
Best Answer

Hi, I don't have the recipe handy, but you need to search for "mandel halb mond" (excuse my german)....they are my all time favourite (and were my Oma's alltime favourite)...I know you had to bake the almond shortbread base (which was rolled/patted into a cookie sheet) first, remove from oven add jam, and then spread the egg white /lemon on top and quickly bake again. The n it all had to be cut out into cresents (we just used a juice glass)....YUM! I do have spitzbuben recipe if you need!

D