Clean Dishes, Clean House

Next time you do some dishes by hand, before you drain the sink check around to see if there is not something else in your house that needs a sudsy wash. This way the dish water does double duty. This is a page about clean dishes, clean house.

Even though I have a nice dishwasher, I opt to do my dishes by hand. The warm water feels good on my hands (beginnings of arthritis) and I find my dishes are generally cleaner with no water deposits or spots. Also I get to enjoy my antique dishes and don't worry about what the dishwasher might melt or damage.

Whenever I am through with the dishes, if the wash or rinse water is still relatively clean, I use it to clean something else in the house. Sometimes it's a glass lampshade, sometimes it's the floor, sometimes some spots off the doors or walls, sometimes the bathroom sink, or the porch furniture, or the edges of the carpet - you get the picture.

This only takes a few extra minutes, and after you get into this habit your house will remain clean almost all the time. You will find yourself making a mental note when you see something that's dirty and you can clean it next time you're finished with the dishes.

This has made me feel better about my house every day, knowing I'm keeping up with the cleaning. Needless to say, it saves water and soap suds too. The few minutes here and there don't even make an impact in my schedule. Go ahead; give it a try!

By Jayne

In These Pages
Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceFebruary 6, 2018
🌻
😷
😎
📓
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Clean-Dishes-Clean-House-1.html