Cleaning Dog Urine Off of CDs

Removing dried dog urine on your CDs is easy to do. Simply wash them with warm, soapy water and allow to air dry. This is a guide about cleaning dog urine off of CDs.

My dog peed on my CDs and I didn't notice until it was dried on. Will alcohol clean them or what will?

Answers

Best Answer

Soak in hot soapy water and let them air dry completely.

Best Answer

Thank you for posting my question and letting me know when answers come in! I used one of your readers' ideas, the one using warm, soapy water to soak the CDs in and air drying them completely. This worked great. I also wiped them with alcohol, wiping from the center to the outside instead of in circular motion which I read from still another reader.

Also, to air dry the CDs, I took a wire clothes hanger and put pipe cleaners on it, and bent them in half with a bend outwards on the tips. The CDs fit on these and hang freely while they dry. Works great!

It will, but first I would rinse with water. The reason is you don't want the alcohol to react to the urine which is ammonia. So, wipe with water, then the alcohol.

I always just soak in warm (NOT hot) soapy water, rinse, and dry with a very soft cloth.