Cleaning House After Dog With Distemper?

My family and I are cleaning our house after our puppy died a tragic death of distemper. We have been scrubbing our patio with bleach and mopping the floors with bleach and using a steam mop, too. We also had a disinfecting carpet cleaning service come over and disinfect our carpet. Is that enough, or is there more to it?

By hi

Best Answer

I had a dog that died as well from distemper I went to the feed store and they gave me some tablets that kill the virus on contact. You just dissolve into a gallon of water. I'm not sure what they are called but just ask somebody at the feed store. I was told to mop with bleach and then literally spray everything in your house and all over your yard anything your dog might have touched or brushed against. I even sprayed the lower part of the walls and doors .

How do I get this out of my house am losing all my baby kittens and some of my cats

Pets Dogs HealthOctober 3, 2010
🌻
👒
🐛
https://www.thriftyfun.com/Cleaning-House-After-Dog-With-Distemper.html