Cleaning Jokes

Category Jokes
Humor can be found in life's mundane tasks. This page contains cleaning jokes.

Three men were sitting together bragging about how they had given their new wives duties.

The first man had married a woman from Iowa and had told her that she was going to do dishes and house cleaning. It took a couple days, but on the third day, he came home to a clean house and dishes washed and put away.

The second man had married a woman from Illinois. He had given his wife orders that she was to do all the cleaning, dishes, and the cooking. The first day he didn't see any results, but the next day, he saw it was better. By the third day, he saw his house was clean, the dishes were done, and there was a huge dinner on the table.

The third man had married a girl from Oregon. He told her that her duties were to keep the house cleaned, dishes washed, lawn mowed, laundry washed and hot meals on the table for every meal. He said the first day he didn't see anything, and the second day he didn't see anything, but by the third day some of the swelling had gone down and he could see a little out of his left eye, enough to fix himself a bite to eat and load the dishwasher.

By Terri H. from NV

By constance turner (Guest Post)
Top Comment

Both my husband and I loved the joke!!

Top Comment

Being an Oregon wife, I heartily approve of this!

Jess

When my 4 children were young I wrote the following poem that I hope you will enjoy. I sent it to a family magazine and it was rejected (sob), but maybe it will put a smile on your face. :)

I have finally solved the problem
that has puzzled us mothers for years
why so few of our kids socks
emerge from the dryer and the others disappear

The detergent is the culprit!
While it cleans many a pair
once it gets MY kids dirt out-
There's nothing left but air!

Signed,
Carol Young

who married at 17 became a mother at 18 and lives (and laughs) to tell about it

Source: me

By Carol from Landisville, PA

John went to visit his 90 year old grandfather in a very secluded, rural area of Virginia.

After spending a great evening chatting the night away, John's grandfather prepared breakfast of bacon, eggs and toast. However, John noticed a film like substance on his plate, and questioned his grandfather asking, "Are these plates clean?"

His grandfather replied, "They're as clean as cold water can get them. "Just you go ahead and finish your meal, Sonny!"

For lunch the old man made hamburgers. Again, John was concerned about the plates as his appeared to have tiny specks around the edge that looked like dried egg and asked, "Are you sure these plates are clean?"

Without looking up the old man said, "I told you before, Sonny, those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them. Now don't you fret, I don't want to hear another word about it!"

Later that afternoon, John was on his way to a nearby town and as he was leaving, his grandfather's dog started to growl, and wouldn't let him pass. John yelled and said, "Grandfather, your dog won't let me get to my car"..

Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching on TV, the old man shouted ... "COLDWATER, GO LAY DOWN!"

By Terri H.